2018 World Cup
The 2018 World Cup was a men's Football competition between many countries across the world. It took place in Russia from 14 June to 15 July 2018. Some worried that there may be more xenophobia and homophobia at this world cup than others due Russia's lax views and laws on the subject. France won, England came 4th (a worse placing than than the women's England and the under 17's England teams).
The 2014 World Cup was won by Germany when they won 1-0 playing Argentina.
England's previous performances
In 2017, the England under 17 team won the U17 World Cup.
In 2015, the England women's team came 3rd overall in the women's 2015 World Cup.
In 2014, England were knocked out at the Group Stages losing 2 games and drawing the 3rd.
In 2010, in a 2nd round game against Germany, England clearly scored a goal that wasn't counted by the referee. After this, England went on to lose 4-1.
The last time England men reached the Semi-Finals was in 1990.
The 2014 winners, Germany, were knocked out in the group stage by losing 2-0 against South Korea. It is the first time Germany have been knocked out in the group stages since 1938. A similar thing happened to the 2010 champions, Spain, in 2014 and 2006 champions, Italy, in 2010. France beat Croatia 4-2 in the final.
- How will Russia's many problems affect the 2018 World Cup?
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - Matches - Germany-Argentina
- England win U17 World Cup: Young Lions fight back to beat Spain in final
- Women's World Cup 2015: Which England players impressed?
- World Cup 2014: England knocked out of World Cup
- World Cup 2010: Germany tear down England's defence
- Italia 90: When England were out of this world
- World Cup 2018: Germany out of tournament after losing to South Korea
- The World Cup champions' curse: Germany continue remarkable trend